When season closes post-Memorial Day, snowbirds fly the coop. But for we brave ones who choose to remain in the desert to weather—and enjoy!—the summer months, some worthy rewards are in store. Or, should I say, “in restaurant.” Yes, I’m talking about Greater Palm Springs Restaurant Week®. 2017’s iteration of the popular gastronomic event has Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa as a presenting partner, and Rancho Mirage itself as a city partner.
For those of you who may not be in the know, GPSRW is a 10-day culinary extravaganza whereby various participating restaurants in the Palm Springs Valley offer special prix fixe lunch and dinner menus. This year, the kickoff is Friday, June 2, with the last night of the culinary bonanza being Sunday, June 11. The lunch option features two or more courses priced at $15, $20, or $25, while the dinner program boasts three or more courses at $29, $39, or $49. Beverages, tax, and gratuity are not included, and no passes, tickets, or coupons are required.
Of the more than 100 restaurants throughout the desert taking part this year, those in Rancho Mirage proper include:
- Bernie’s Lounge and Supper Club ($29 dinner)
- bluEmber at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa ($39 dinner)
- Catalan Mediterranean Restaurant ($29 dinner)
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar ($49 dinner)
- Fox & Fiddle California ($15 lunch, $29 dinner)
- Las Casuelas Nuevas ($29 dinner)
- Pinzimini at The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa ($20 lunch, $39 dinner)
- Roy’s Restaurant ($39 dinner)
- Si Bon Belgian Bistro ($29 dinner)
- State Fare Bar + Kitchen at The Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage ($20 lunch, $39 dinner)
- The Steakhouse at Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa ($29 dinner)
- Wally’s Desert Turtle ($49 dinner)
- Waters Café at Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa ($15 lunch, $29 dinner)
While walk-ins are welcomed, don’t tardy and be left out in the heat! Visit www.dinegps.com, select your favorites, and make reservations today! And be sure to tell them Potter and Diana sent you.